No matter how long your beard is, it shouldn't be fuzzy or scruffy. And for a good looking and shiny beard, you need good beard oil. Beard oil is not just a trend, as men used oil to nourish their beards since ancient history. But how does it affect your beard? Here is a list of the benefits:
Brushing your beard might sound unnecessary, or just too much of a hustle. But if you don't want to look too shabby, you'll realize sooner than later, that combing is an essential part of your grooming routine. WHY?
- Using a comb or brush on a daily basis eliminates tangles and knots
- Combing your beard removes loose hair and stimulates follicles, which encourages healthier beard growth
- The comb helps applying oil or cream to the entire beard
- During the winter, combing your beard is especially important to calm stray hairs and keep you from looking too scruffy
- Wide teeth Comb – For longer beards, to help clearing out those tangles and knots, without tearing lots of hair
- Fine teeth Comb – For fine hair beards, to help shape and maintain facial hair
- Small standard comb- For mustaches and shorter fine hair beards
- Natural hair bristle brush – a fine brush, cut in different lengths, to reach every level of your beard. Some men find brushing a much more pleasant experience
When to Comb?
- Don't comb straight after showering. Combing a wet beard can cause serious hair loss and breakage
- Don't comb your beard after using a dryer. It can cause hair loss because the heat weakens the hair roots
- The ideal time to comb your beard is when you apply beard oil or beard balm. It's easier to comb your beard with a moisturizer, since it insures all the hairs will be covered and nourished, and your hands will stay clean
- Take your time and brush your beard slowly and gently. That way you'll be able to untangle knots with minimum hair loss and tear
- Brush your beard with the grain. Start from the tips and slowly go higher towards your face. If you don't like your natural growth, comb it from side to center, so your beard will adjust its growth to your desired direction